View Full Version : Air scanner and messenger conflicts

tpayne
09-25-2005, 04:53 PM
I use T Mobile HP iPAQ 6300 series Pocket PC. Already downloaded operating system update. gprs and wi fi work great. Also the MS Messenger in programs works, as well as yahoo messenger (online) and ICQ. (Have not been able to ever connect to the pre installed yahoo messenger as I was in a previous pocket pc. when i downloaded the air scanner antivirus, none of the messengers work. Besides the memory drain, the operation of the messenger start up is blocked by what i think is a pop up blocker. removing the air scanner anti-virus did not fix, and only by doing a clean download of the operating system was i able to get functionality of the messenger systems. Has anyone else had this problem. Any need for anti-virus and if so any that may work well on this system. Finally, does anyone know information on the pre-installed yahoo messenger on the pocket pc. I had it working on my previous pocket pc and it was as good as the regular version on pcs. The online messenger is adequate but requires user to continually check for messages and does not have the functionality of the regular yahoo messenger. Thanks you.