View Full Version : Blackberry or Pocket PC Phone

samfre
09-24-2005, 03:03 AM
I want to know blacberry or pocket pc phone edition is better device. any comment? thinking of getting either O2 XDAIIi or Blackberry 7780.

Janak Parekh
09-24-2005, 05:44 AM
For anything but email, the Pocket PC is hands-down the better device. If you need to integrate with a Blackberry server situation, or if you need "real" push email, then the Blackberry might be better. (The Pocket PC does have some push email facility, but it's not quite as good pre-WM5. It is perfecly fine for casual IMAP or POP email, though. Plus, does the IIi have a keyboard?)

--janak

samfre
09-26-2005, 03:43 AM
no IIi don't have a keyboard, thanks for your reply

Kadegboye
09-28-2005, 02:30 AM
Hi,
If you really want the push e-mail function using the blackberry program,
some of O2 XDA II series have ROMs with blackberry program included. I must tell you that I don't know how good these are but it may be something to consider bearing in mind that PPCPE are superior to blackberry devices. You may also consider the new PPCPE devices with WM5.
Kay.

Squid
10-08-2005, 01:14 AM
Well I realize this is not one of the devices mentioned, but I am writing this from my i730 and it is fantastic!!! From what I have seen the PPC's beat blackberry in everything, but email. But, it is only because of their push technology.

Regards,

Squid