View Full Version : I CAN HANDLE THE TRUTH!

enaime
09-24-2005, 01:41 AM
So....the HTC Wizard=qtek9100=imate K-jam???? There must be some subtle differences between these phones. Can anyone please help me find out. It took me this long to find that phone/pda, now I have this dillema.

Anyone Please!

Darius Wey
09-24-2005, 03:34 AM
I can think of two differences:

(1) The branding. Obviously, the logo printed on the hardware will be different, and each vendor might produce the device in a different colour (e.g. black or silver).

(2) Each vendor will probably package different software on the device - e.g. i-mate seem very bent on including Skype and an anti-virus package from CA. I'm not sure what software Qtek and O2 have planned for their 9100 and Xda Mini Pro respectively.

Whatever the case, as far as I'm aware, there aren't any hardware differences between the different models. The reason why there are so many is to cater for different markets. HTC is the company which produces the base model. They pass it on to Qtek who largely caters for the European market, O2 who largely caters for the European and Asian-Pacific market, and i-mate who is largely focused on the Asian-Pacific and American market.

Happy choosing! ;)

Don't Panic!
09-24-2005, 02:46 PM
Ultimately it is up to the phone/data service providers what software they bundle so check the various service providers webpages for a detailed list of what software they are including. If you had the location filled out under your usersname I'd include some links to providers carrying that PPCPE but having no idea where you're located that would be kind of hard. 0X

enaime
10-02-2005, 04:32 AM
ok so now where in the world am I supposed to buy this contraption???

Darius Wey
10-02-2005, 05:07 AM
ok so now where in the world am I supposed to buy this contraption???

Watch the front-page over the next few hours. There will be a post dedicated to the announcement and availability of the K-JAM. :)