View Full Version : Boulevard, Mary Kay, and Pocket PC

ironguy
09-23-2005, 02:46 PM
Has anyone used the Pocket PC application associated with the Boulevard software for Mary Kay? My wife, a Mary Kay Beauty Consultant (duh), is thinking about getting a Pocket PC (yippee) and I wondered if anyone had experience with this software.

Maybe I'll give her my 2215 and get a new one...

applejosh
09-23-2005, 04:51 PM
I don't have any experience with anything Mary Kay-ish, but I agree that she sounds like she would enjoy the 2215 hand-me-down while you will most certainly appreciate the qualities of a VGA device. ;)

Sven Johannsen
09-23-2005, 04:59 PM
Don't know anything about it but it is nice to see they have something. My wife was a consultant many years ago and there was virtually no automation support. We were working on an inventory management scheme on a PC and even got a barcode reader to make things easier. At the time not every product even had a barcode. Bet they all do now. She got out before we got too far, but something like that would really make stock management a lot easier than it was.

ironguy
09-23-2005, 05:26 PM
The Boulevard software is pretty neat. You actually generate additions and subtractions form your inventory based on your orders. That way, your inventory management is automatic. You can copy your customers from the MK order site so you don't have to do manual entry. The software updates as MK does (costs extra). You can take orders on a Palm or PPC and it syncs to the software. The only advantage of Palm over PPC is that the Tickler software (calendar and reminder stuff) is not ready for the PPC. It does work with the Palm.

Lex
09-23-2005, 06:53 PM
Do Mary Kay consultants use pink PPCs? :D