View Full Version : Buying PDA + GPS advice needed!

alex.d
09-22-2005, 03:20 PM
I looked over a couple of pda review sites, search for posts, and even went to stores and I still cant decide lol. Basically what I am looking for is a PDA that I can use GPS on. Could be build it or seperate. Money really isnt an issue but it MUST have a cigarette lighter holder+charger all one. Anyone can give me any advice?

kaitanium
09-22-2005, 10:39 PM
actully any pocket pc can do gps. your gonna need some more criteria like size or other functions to really narrow things down. some come with gps built in, some dont and which means youll need to get a separate bluetooth, sd, or compact flash one. and that cigarette charger thing you can find from companies like arkon. i use my dell axim x50v with a pharos compact flash gps.

Cybrid
09-25-2005, 09:59 AM
actully any pocket pc can do gps. your gonna need some more criteria like size or other functions to really narrow things down. some come with gps built in, some dont and which means youll need to get a separate bluetooth, sd, or compact flash one. and that cigarette charger thing you can find from companies like arkon. i use my dell axim x50v with a pharos compact flash gps.Actually...Most not all pocket PC's. Some on which attempting to do so is seriously impractical. Viewsonic V35 and HP RZ1715 for example.

Cybrid
09-25-2005, 10:13 AM
I looked over a couple of pda review sites, search for posts, and even went to stores and I still cant decide lol. Basically what I am looking for is a PDA that I can use GPS on. Could be build it or seperate. Money really isnt an issue but it MUST have a cigarette lighter holder+charger all one. Anyone can give me any advice?
Your needs must be more detailed. If you simply wanted to drive using it and money was really no object than get one that installs into your car. Non removable! Expensive!

A simple device to move from car to car...Mitac MIO, Medion 150. Integrated. Car holder/ charger in the box.

PDA with additional features, wifi etc.....one with BT or dual slot or serial support.

james4513
09-25-2005, 08:38 PM
Buy a PocketPC that you like with bluetooth. Go to Semsons (http://www.semsons.com/index.html), best source for GPS hardware and software. I use a Globalsat bluetooth GPS with iGuidance software and an iPaq. Very satisfied with the results.

jhennig
09-25-2005, 09:32 PM
have you considered the new Dell Axim X51v?

http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&oc=X51V624_D1&s=dhs

$657 right now i think.