View Full Version : help needed on Moving some files

GrimReaper
09-19-2005, 07:42 PM
hi all,
i have been reading the articles here and they have been very informative espesicially from "Menneisyys" guy....anyway after reading a article about realocating spb pocket plus to storage card i decided to move the rest of the software...but now i am left with these files:

alarmpopup.exe --- from sbp time
actionsender.exe --- from sbp pocket plus
zipextractor.dll --- from i think resco explorer

i have looked for links to the above files in the registry and hexedited related files to find any paths but of no use. please could someone help me...

also what are these files for:

Msgqueuemapfilemicrosoft .........

there are 14 files in all like this with a really long name and are over 20mb in size. they are write protected as well.
can you somehow move these file to the storage card...

thank you

Nurhisham Hussein
09-20-2005, 01:47 AM
Msgqueuemapfilemicrosoft .........

You can try to move them, but it really wouldn't do much good - the OS will simply recreate the files. Apparently the file sizes are also misreported, they only come up to 2k in actual size. I can't remember which forum I saw that on, but the info is available from xda-developers site.

GrimReaper
09-21-2005, 03:48 PM
thanks for the quick reply...
what about the other file (alarmpopup.exe; actionsender.exe; Zipextractor.daa) can you realocate them or not...
thank you

Menneisyys
09-22-2005, 02:39 PM
what about the other file (alarmpopup.exe; actionsender.exe; Zipextractor.daa) can you realocate them or not...
thank you

As far as relocating Spb Pocket Plus' actionsender.exe is concerned, it is, but then, you will end up having to modify a lot of .lnk files in \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Spb Pocket Plus Actions\. This is why I haven't discussed moving it - it's, after all, just 7 kbytes.

GrimReaper
09-23-2005, 12:57 PM
thanks for the reply but i managed to relocate it, i just edited those links which i needed (like minimize)....although i am still trying to relocate "alarmpopup.exe", i know that it is in the "notification" (using scarybear software's check notification) does anyone know where it reads this information from.....