View Full Version : Anything similar to WorldMate Pro?

natecorbitt
09-19-2005, 02:11 AM
Can anyone tell me if there is a program out there that is similar to MobiMate's WorldMate Pro? I just tried the demo, and I really like it, however, I doubt I would use it enough to justify spending $75 on it as well as paying every time I wanted to look up a flight status.

Steven Cedrone
09-19-2005, 12:43 PM
You can try CityTime (http://codecity.net/prodctppc.htm) and see how that compares...

xdalaw
09-19-2005, 07:35 PM
Can anyone tell me if there is a program out there that is similar to MobiMate's WorldMate Pro? I just tried the demo, and I really like it, however, I doubt I would use it enough to justify spending $75 on it as well as paying every time I wanted to look up a flight status.

What functions/modules do you use? I don't know of another program with all of them that WorldMate Pro has, but you might be able to duplicate many with CityTime and with some freeware and inexpensive shareware.

natecorbitt
09-20-2005, 04:06 AM
I was using the flight status portion of WorldMate, but I just found it annoying to have to pay extra every time I wanted to check a flight, especially if I was going to shell out $75 for the program. Other than that, I was using the weather portion a little (although, I have SPB Weather right now, so that's not necessary). I liked having the checklists for my business trips. I also liked the Desktop Companion so I could enter everything on the desktop. I played around with all the features and they were all great, but, like I said, I don't think I would use them enough to pay $75.

I have been playing around with CityTime and $15 seems a lot more reasonable. Does CityTime have a currency converter? Also, is there another flight status program out there?

Sven Johannsen
09-20-2005, 05:01 AM
Assuming you want your flight status up to date and have some way of conecting to the internet, what's wrong with just accessing the airline's site? It might take a bit to find the mobile version the first time, but I think most have one, and then you bookmark it.

Illium software Listpro can make your packing lists and much more. There are just not pre-canned, though there may be something you can modify in their list exchange. It has a desktop version too.

xdalaw
09-20-2005, 11:13 AM
I have been playing around with CityTime and $15 seems a lot more reasonable. Does CityTime have a currency converter? Also, is there another flight status program out there?

CityTime does have a currency converter that allows you to update via internet connection, too.

kiwiruss
09-22-2005, 09:06 PM
try spb time also