View Full Version : GoodLink Users...DO NOT GET A UNIVERSAL!!! (yet)

tekhound
09-17-2005, 01:16 AM
I have had my imate JASJAR since Tuesday and as of this morning, I have given up trying to setup Goodlink over gprs. It just doesn't work.

Up until the universal, there has not been a factory gprs WM5 device. In fact, Good is saying that they really have only tested WM5 on a Dell Axim X50 with WiFi. So guess what will only work right now on a WM5 device? You guessed it, WiFi only.

I tried no less than 5 different ways on provisioning the device, and numerous calls to Good. It may work on gprs the first time, but after that, it will not do any send/receive on gprs. As soon as you turn on WiFi, it works like a charm.

Looks like I'm on Exchange Active Sync over gprs until they fix it, or until Exchange 2003 Server SP2 comes out. I have turned the corner on my PDA2K and I'm not looking back. The JASJAR is probably the best handheld I have ever owned. I am thinking of getting rid of my laptop in favor of using this...maybe.

Oh and by the way....Good has also not tested their apps with a VGA device (because they only tested the QVGA X50), so everything looks a little fuzzy and the cursor on the screen is one space to the right of where it should be on the screen. So it looks like you have a space after the last letter typed, but you don't.

I have no doubts that Good will have a new release soon, since the devices have now hit the market. They make a great product and I have had a good experience using it. I guess I'm just a little ahead of the curve.

Please don't shoot the messenger.

Michael