View Full Version : Odyssey Client??? Can I get rid of it?

pivaska
09-16-2005, 04:18 PM
I use PocketWinC to manage my wifi. I have Odyssey Client on my Dell Axim 50V and so far I can't see any uninstall for it. Does anyone use it? How can I uninstall it?

Menneisyys
09-16-2005, 08:47 PM
I use PocketWinC to manage my wifi. I have Odyssey Client on my Dell Axim 50V and so far I can't see any uninstall for it. Does anyone use it? How can I uninstall it?

I can't check it myself because I don't have an x50v; some AximSite users here (http://www.aximsite.com/boards/showthread.php?t=56792) said that it's in RAM, in \Program Files\Funk Software.

Sven Johannsen
09-16-2005, 10:00 PM
The only thing that appears to be in that folder though is one hidden exe. Does appear to be in RAM though. With it's integration with the control panel, and it's return when you hard reset, I expect there are a lot of registry entries associated with it and likely many files in the Windows directory as well.

That exe is 2.3M though so it may be worth at least renaming it to see if anything else breaks, and then deleting it if it doesn't.

Without a prper uninstall routine though, or the tenacity of Menneisyys, I think you'd have a tough time getting rid of it entirely.