View Full Version : Getting a PPC Phone with Cingular...

Verdagon
09-16-2005, 12:33 AM
Hey everyone. Photon, my HP 4350, recently had an accident and is now blind (the screen wont accept taps, the glass is broken). My sister's friend is trying to fix it at his work, but I don't know if he can do it.

So I've been looking into a new PDA. Coincidentally, I've recently lost my phone. I'm gonna get a PPC Phone, buy two birds with one stone.

Last time I went to the Cingular store, they had nothing. Abso-frickin-lutely nothing, it amazed me so much. However, I've heard a lot of people talking about Cingular and PPC Phones. I also looked on their site, no PPC Phones were there. If I wanted a PPC Phone with Cingular, how would I go about doing it? Where would I find which ones are available? What department would I harass?

Thanks!

kaitanium
09-16-2005, 01:27 AM
the cingular site does have a ppc phone the siemens sx66? i forget.

you could always get an unlocked one on ebay perhaps like an imate jam for $700ish, or the newest HTC universal for $1000+ etc. there are so many ppc phones out there, its overwhelming. most accept sim cards so it will work with cingular

remember that anything that accepts a sim card will work. just have to get an unlocked version of that phone or ppc

i like how you call your ppc photon. hahahah

ADBrown
09-16-2005, 01:31 AM
If you're looking for something officially carried by Cingular, they're expected to launch the new HTC Wizard PPC phones on or about October 20th.