View Full Version : is a hp 4700 reliable ?

jendo
09-15-2005, 04:49 PM
hi i am thinking of buying a hp 4700 mostley to use as a sat nav sytem in the car. but looking at the forums i am a bit worried about the reliabilty of the 4700.As i am a noob and this will be my first pda i would appreciate your views on the subject.

KH
09-15-2005, 06:05 PM
I have had mine for a year. It is the most reliable PPC I have owned over the last several years and with thelarge VGA screen, dual slots, performance and communications options it is pretty much my ideal device.

kaitanium
09-15-2005, 06:15 PM
if your just using it as a sat nav wouldnt paying an ultra premium price for a 4700 be overkill? someone correct me if im wrong but i havent found a full vga compatible gps program yet. i could be wrong though and would also like to know whats avaliable out there for vgas (if any). im still liking my dell x50v over the 4700 due to price

Ti22
09-16-2005, 04:22 PM
I've had mine for almost a month now, and its never given me any problems. Its got a very nice screen and a video processor thats very good for video decoding. I really enjoy using this PPC, money well spent, I use it to download torrents, listen to music, watch movies on the go, and of course organize my life. It wakes me up in the morning, reminds me to do this and do that,

and it replaces postits for me, I don't use paper very much anymore, my friend tells me "it seems like you've forgotten what paper is, u know the thing thats made of trees." so I go "uh, u still use paper?" I basically use it to note everything down.

Its really awesome and I love mine. I got 2 Gigs of storage in mine and its filled up with music and other stuff.

I can't wait for WM5.0 cuz it'll make use of the ROM much nicer. and leave the RAM for other stuff instead of storage.

jendo
09-20-2005, 01:21 AM
you are right that the 4700 is overkill but i am one of those sad gits who falls in love with the most expensive kit :mrgreen: