View Full Version : Any news on an October intro of 4gig Ipaq?

dpratt
09-15-2005, 10:56 AM
Has anyone heard/seen anything regarding an October introduction of IPAQ with a hard disk drive (similar to that in the IPod); also, any thoughts as to whether that is worth waiting for (my initial view) in purchasing a new device? I was otherwise planning on a 2755. Thanks for your help and input. Doug

Darius Wey
09-15-2005, 11:38 AM
Has anyone heard/seen anything regarding an October introduction of IPAQ with a hard disk drive (similar to that in the IPod); also, any thoughts as to whether that is worth waiting for (my initial view) in purchasing a new device? I was otherwise planning on a 2755. Thanks for your help and input. Doug

I haven't heard anything of the sort, and even if it were to happen, I very much doubt it would arrive in October. HP is already having enough troubles rolling out a Windows Mobile 5.0 upgrade for its hx4700 to be worrying about a new 4GB device. The only rumoured iPAQ we know of so far is the rx1950/rx1955, but its specs are anything but droolworthy.

My advice is to stick with the hx2755. It has also been promised a Windows Mobile 5.0 upgrade, which is scheduled to arrive very shortly. Note if you buy one now, then this rebate offer will be of interest to you: http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=42715

BigDaddy
09-18-2005, 05:53 AM
I think you might of heard of the popular pairing of any ipaq with a CF slot or expansion pack with a 4GB CF Microdrive. I am currently using a HX2755 and a Hitachi 4GB CF ($100.00us +/-). Though I sometimes use it with the standard battery, I would say to get the extended battery. Pair it with a pair of Bluetooth Headphones and you will have enough Music and Movies (400 128k MP3s/WMP Songs and 12 2 hour movies) to last you a couple of times around the globe...

BigDaddy
09-19-2005, 03:19 AM
No problem at all...lets see... I also use TMobile, basically you want a Bluetooth phone, I have a t616, a t637, a s710, and a p910i. All have GPRS and the s710 had EDGE. I also have a unlocked v55 with edge and v3 razor. Setup for wireless internet is easy as pie because the newer iPAQs have an auto cinfig program which puts in all the settings for you.

As far as battery life, I would say there is a 25 to 33% battery drain depending on how you use your device with the CF card in it. Because this is basically a mini harddrive with a motor and moving parts vs. a solidstate CF card this is expected to happen. Just go to HP and look under options and you will see the extended battery (160.00us) or you can pay 30.00 for a car charger and just remember to plug it up when you are out and about. I have a 1gb Sandisk CF and I can get a good amount of data on it without a noticable battery drain.

If you have any other questions let me know....