View Full Version : software installed may retrieved with SYCHR after lost - battery empty ?

lse123
09-15-2005, 10:49 AM
LOOX 610: Software installed on LOOX after buy it, may lost if battery empty ? There is any way get retrieved with Sychr[the software NOT the data] ? May install this software in other kind of memory[in the pda] no get lost ever ? How I may delete Sychr data eg CONTACTS ?

Nurhisham Hussein
09-21-2005, 07:35 AM
1. You will only lose applications/files that you install yourself, the OS and manufacturer installed applications will remain.

2. Through syncing, no. You might want to invest in backup software like Sprite Backup for this purpose.

3. Installing to different media (like LooxStore or SD card) will ensure that you don't lose your software - but you will lose things like settings, configuration and registration information, in which case you might as well re-install anyway.

4. You can do this on the PDA, or in Outlook if you are syncing with a PC. If you have problems with duplicate entries, I would suggest getting a Outlook duplicate remover (try a Google search)

lse123
09-21-2005, 08:39 AM
"4. You can do this on the PDA, or in Outlook if you are syncing with a PC."

If I want to remove Pocket Outlook & Contacts Synchr Data , with syncing with a PC method , what to do ? Synchr Data but DO NOT TICK (not included) Pocket Outlook & Contacts ?

yankeejeep
09-21-2005, 11:24 AM
To stop the items from syncing, open ActiveSync on your desktop computer, click 'Options' and then uncheck the boxes for items you do not want to sync (such as Calendar or Contacts). This will stop them from syncing in the future. Items deleted from your PPC will not be replaced by ActiveSync when you connect in the future.

lse123
09-21-2005, 01:20 PM
You say "...This will stop them from syncing in the future. ...",

It will also delete the files(I mean by uncheck the boxes for items I do not want to sync (such as Calendar or Contacts) and run sync) ?

yankeejeep
09-21-2005, 02:24 PM
No; what is on your PPC will remain there until you delete it. Depending on how extensive these databases are, your best option might be to do a hard reset, delete remaining files from the user-accessible ROM storage area, to start with a clean device.