View Full Version : Beta player and file associations -- who can help.

Jannymh
09-12-2005, 07:09 PM
Hi there!
I really need your help and advice.
After buying an Ipaq (a PDA I didn`t feel comfortable with from the start ) I switched to the Dell Axim X50, 520 mhz wirelessright after 3 days.

I really like that one!
Everything works fine - except Beta Player and TCMP, even with installed plugins.
Whenever I convert a file with Lathe or Divx encoder none of the 2 players can read it (I tried both).

I clicked to the advanced settings to have a look at the file associations and found "PLS Playlisten" is highlighted in blue. I checked the avi and divx box, highlighted it to change the associations, but whenever I close the settings page the player doesn`t seem to store the change.
Files are still not played and when I check the file associations again PLS is highlighted in blue despite my mark on the avi/divx box.

Is there a trick to it? Or do I do something wrong? I store the videofiles on an Sd card and use the "open file" menue to play video - that`s when the error message occurs.

Please give me some advice. It`s much appreciated!

Thanks, Jeanette

PetiteFlower
09-12-2005, 07:45 PM
Are the video files formatted to play on your PPC?

Jannymh
09-12-2005, 08:12 PM
Yes. I formatted them with Lathe or Divx Encoder.

But I think I found a clue.
Just a couple of minutes ago I converted a file and TCMP played it!!!
I converted another file, stored it also on the SD-Card along with the first and all of the sudden TCMP couldn`t recognize both files!

Is there a chance that if one file on an SD-card is corrupted, or not recognizeable, that TCMP doesn`t recognize the files at all anymore???

Has anyone experienced similar things????

Hmm, I just can`t understand why TCMP doesn`t recognize a file that has been converted into a ppc file. Or why it affects other files when stored on a card. I`ll try to format the card again and see what happens with the very first file...I hope TCMP will read it again!!!!

BTW is there any change to get the Windows media player to play divx /avi files?????

What do you say?

Nurhisham Hussein
09-13-2005, 03:04 AM
The blue highlight is just a selection cursor for when you are using a d-pad - it doesn't really mean anything. Try clicking down on your d-pad on that screen to see what I mean.

As for your problem, I would suggest converting a small selection - you can do this in PocketDivxEncoder - and try playing it off main memory. This will tell you whether its your SD card that's the problem.