View Full Version : TOM TOM NAVIGATOR 5 BLUETOOTH GPS

urologyhealth
09-11-2005, 04:17 PM
Anyone successfully using this with Siemens SX66?

Tips -- put software and maps on SD CARD?

Thank you

martin_ayton
09-12-2005, 09:42 AM
I'm successfully using it on my O2 Xda2s, which I believe is functionally the same as your Siemens. I did have an issue with it detecting the presence of the slider thumb board and refusing to display the on-screen keyboard, but TomTom just released an update which (mostly) fixes this issue. Unless you have done something stunning with your internal memory, you will have no choice but to put the maps on a memory card. You can put the app. anywhere you like - I have run mine from the RAM, the internal storage and my SD card with pretty similar results.

There are some issues with the Postcode system - some people found they had to move some information to the internal memory to make it work. I found that creating a folder called 'tomtom' on the memory card was all I needed to fix it for me.

urologyhealth
09-12-2005, 02:07 PM
Thank you. I am looking forward to using it. What is the "postcode" you are referring to?

martin_ayton
09-12-2005, 05:55 PM
Sorry, I should have looked at your location info. more closely, because that was a completely irrelevant statement for anyone using the system outside of the UK (and, I believe, the Netherlands).

But FWIW, postcodes are our version of your zip codes with the exception that, with a house number, they can be used to locate individual addresses. Even without the house number, they come down to somewhere between 10 and 20 addresses. Very useful in apps like TomTom Navigator.