View Full Version : Starting programs whilst password protected.... help

jonallwright
09-10-2005, 09:25 AM
I've got a M500, which is a great bit of kit however dialing when it is in its case is difficult as i keep the phone password locked.
This should not be a problem as it comes installed with fonix. all i need to do is power up and press the pre-defined hotkey - record and i can voice dial whilst the phone is still locked. the problem is, that fonix is useless outside a quiet room.
i have tried voice command which is 100% better but if the device is password protected the program won't start.
how can i get it to start when the device is password locked like what i could do with fonix?

Darius Wey
09-10-2005, 04:28 PM
Hi jonallwright, welcome to Pocket PC Thoughts.

Because your C500 is a Smartphone, you might want to ask this question over at our sister site, Smartphone Thoughts (http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/). We deal primarily with Pocket PCs, whereas they deal with - yep, you guessed it, Smartphones. :)

Hopefully, the happy folk there can help you out with your problem.

jonallwright
09-10-2005, 05:26 PM
Hi jonallwright, welcome to Pocket PC Thoughts.

Because your C500 is a Smartphone, you might want to ask this question over at our sister site, Smartphone Thoughts (http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/). We deal primarily with Pocket PCs, whereas they deal with - yep, you guessed it, Smartphones. :)

Hopefully, the happy folk there can help you out with your problem.

aaah but i lie like cheap japanese watch, my phone is in fact a M500 and not my old c500

Darius Wey
09-10-2005, 06:59 PM
aaah but i lie like cheap japanese watch, my phone is in fact a M500 and not my old c500

Hah - the difference a letter makes. 8)

Voice Command actually works without you having to input your password, but there is a catch to this. Despite being able to press a button to say a voice command, anything which requires the launching of another program won't show unless you type in your password, and as far as I'm aware, there isn't a way around this. The password screen is there to protect against unauthorised use, so creating a loophole specifically for Voice Command wouldn't really make sense.

I don't have a Pocket PC Phone Edition, so I can't test the "Call <Name>" command for you, but if that doesn't work with the password screen present, then I see no way to change this manually.

jonallwright
09-10-2005, 07:12 PM
okay, so how come fonix works when my M500 is password protected?

Darius Wey
09-10-2005, 07:19 PM

It's the way Fonix was designed. Why Voice Command doesn't seem to support it is a question only the developers would know the answer to.

jonallwright
09-10-2005, 08:54 PM

It's the way Fonix was designed. Why Voice Command doesn't seem to support it is a question only the developers would know the answer to.

mmmm and now starts the quandry of whether to use the superior voice command w/o password or fonix with