View Full Version : pocket plus vs. pocket breeze

footdoc
09-09-2005, 06:24 PM
having to soft reset on a daily basis when using task program that came with Axim 50v, tired of it; someone suggested these two programs; any opinions:?:

baker
09-09-2005, 06:27 PM
I use PocketBreeze and enjoy it. It has been very stable for me.

Brad Adrian
09-09-2005, 07:11 PM
I haven't used PocketBreeze beyond evaluating it for a few days, but I've used PocketPlus since its very first version. It's been incredibly stable and makes customizing Today screen icons really simple.

gregmills
09-09-2005, 07:16 PM
Pocket Breeze isn't a launcher. I use both.

applejosh
09-09-2005, 07:55 PM
If you're talking about tasks in the "Go do this now" and "paint the house" kind of things, then PocketBreeze and SPB Diary are what you might be looking for. They are both Today screen plugins that make seeing PIM info a snap.

If you're talking about tasks in the context of running programs on the PPC (eg. you want to exit out of Pocket Internet Explorer instead of just really minimizing it which is the default behavior of the "close" button on a PPC), then PocketPlus is an option (as is Magic Button, Wisbar Advance (2?), and others).

FWIW, I use both. PocketBreeze for PIM stuff on the Today screen and Pocket Plus to make sure apps close (if I'm not using WisbarAdvance2), for alarm management, and other little things.

Phillip Dyson
09-09-2005, 08:33 PM
And,

If you're talking about launchers, then there is SBSH iLauncher and SPB Pocket Plus.