View Full Version : How To Butter Your Pocket PC (Based On A True Story)

Jon Westfall
09-09-2005, 04:37 PM
The steps below were inspired by real-life events on the night of September 7th 2005.

Ingrediants
* Butter
* Bowl you always kinda liked
* Pocket PC you paid a bunch of $$$ for

Directions
1. Prepare to make grilled cheese sandwhich. Heat pan up, get butter out.
2. To melt butter for easy spreading on bread, put butter in fragile bowl and microwave.
3. Remove from microwave with right hand. Realize that butter has coated rim of extremely breakable bowl and made it slick to the touch. Butter should be extrodinarily hot at this point.
4. Slip bowl out of your right hand, pouring butter over left hand causing pain.
5. Jump vertically causing your pocket PC to be ejected from your shirt pocket toward butter dish which should now be halfway to hard kitchen floor.
6. Scream obscenity of your choice.
7. Watch as bowl breaks on floor quickly followed by Pocket PC with ejecting stylus. Pocket PC should remain, miraculously, intact.
8. Wait for heart to start beating again.

If done correctly, your Pocket PC should now be lying face down on the floor with a giant glob of butter on top of it, broken bowl pieces strewn all around and a very slippery kitchen floor. You have now successfully buttered your Pocket PC. Enjoy!

Yes, it did happen. Yes, my iPAQ still works with no dings or dents or broken screens. Yes, It was a horrible experience. No, I'm not seeking counseling... yet.

Mark Kenepp
09-09-2005, 05:40 PM
Since I don't have a microwave, I was wondering if you had an alternative recipe that utilizes the stovetop or conventional oven.

Otherwise, I guess I will just have to get my Pocket PC pre-buttered. :splat:

Darius Wey
09-09-2005, 06:19 PM
Nothing like giving the old screws and cogs a bit of an oil. :bangin:

Jason Dunn
09-09-2005, 06:46 PM
I would have added some dried red pepper flakes myself, to make it just a little more spicy. ;-)

surur
09-09-2005, 07:05 PM
I think some-one is subconsciously trying to kill their PPC in a most creative way to get a HTC Universal. I suggest the ipaq go into hiding somewhere.

Surur

Brad Adrian
09-09-2005, 07:16 PM
Ouch! I wasn't quite so lucky a couple of years ago when my new (teething) puppy found my new PocketPC.

yankeejeep
09-09-2005, 07:41 PM
Anyone know where this would fit in the new food pyramids?

Jacob
09-09-2005, 08:09 PM
Wouldn't this be a new Murphy's law:

"The probability of your Pocket PC falling out of your pocket when you jump is directly proportional to the cost of the Pocket PC multiplied by the height of your pocket and the availability of a fatty hot liquid to fall into"

Mark Kenepp
09-09-2005, 08:17 PM
Ouch! I wasn't quite so lucky a couple of years ago when my new (teething) puppy found my new PocketPC.

I suspect puppies love butter covered Pocket PCs :lol: