View Full Version : MP3 tracks as ringtones

tripleb
09-06-2005, 10:58 AM
Hi,
In need of some help :? I have a SPV M2000 and want to use MP3 files as my ring tone. Looking at the "add ring tone" setting you can only add WAV or WMA files. Is there a fix for this. Aware you can listen to MP3 via your player but want these on my ringtone. Most phones are capable of this so whats the problem with the PPC? Any software I can download to sort this out?

Cheers Troops,
:)
Tripleb.

pocketpcadmirer
01-04-2006, 08:44 AM
welcome to pocketpcthoughts !!

I guess you should put the "mp3 track" in the rings folder.

go to file explorer>>,go to the folder where you have kept the ring and copy it(tap-n-hold and click on copy)
then go to the ROOT directory>>windows>>rings and paste the file(tap-n-hold and select paste)

Sunny

BoxWave
07-14-2006, 02:13 AM
Here is a link for some software that you can dowload that converts mp3s to wma.

http://www.share2.com/cdripper/mp3_converter.htm

The Silverdude
08-20-2006, 08:18 PM
I'm not sure if this will help, but on my Trion I loaded an MP3 onto it, and then held the stylus on it for a few seconds to bring up a list of options (like right-clicking on it). Amazingly, one of the options was to set it as a ringtone, so that's what I did. The mp3's location didn't matter, but I moved it to the /Windows/Rings directory anyway. Hopefully you can do the same thing, since it was so easy for me to do it!

ctmagnus
08-20-2006, 10:20 PM
The mp3's location didn't matter, but I moved it to the /Windows/Rings directory anyway.

I tried this with a wma file and it copied the file to the Rings directory. Are you sure you needed to move your mp3 file to that directory?

fwiw, the wma file I used was on a storage card, so that may be why WM decided to copy it to local storage.