View Full Version : Wifi Signal Meter

Certs
09-02-2005, 07:47 PM
Does anyone know how to get a wifi signal meter on the top bar instead of, or and also in, the icon tray on the bottom? I find that once I open any program, I can't seem to tell how strong my signal is unless I close whatever program I'm using. THANKS! :lol:

ADBrown
09-04-2005, 06:41 PM
I'm giving this thread a little kick, since I too would be interested in the answer.

Darius Wey
09-05-2005, 02:58 AM
For a $0 solution, have you tried tapping on the Connections icon in the navigation bar? That brings up a bubble which details the list of networks you're connected to - each one with its own signal strength. It might not be the solution you're looking for, but it saves having to minimise everything to the Today screen.

Otherwise, there's Spb GPRS Monitor. (http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/gprsmonitor/?en) :)

LiteBright
09-11-2005, 05:08 AM
I use vBar, the most basic utility with a battery meter & memory gauge for task switching (like Windows Task Manager). Then I run WiFi graph (free at kasuei (http://www.kasuei.com/wifigraph/)).

In landscape mode holding it with my left hand over the back bottom of my hx4700 (touching the battery) gives me the best reception. Somehow it seems to make me part of the antenna. A consistent 72-74dB or less is usable.

ADBrown
09-11-2005, 08:10 AM
Technically, I think you mean -72 to -74 dB. If it were positive seventy, small birds would be dropping from the air fully cooked.

Hrun
09-11-2005, 12:41 PM
Technically, I think you mean -72 to -74 dB. If it were positive seventy, small birds would be dropping from the air fully cooked.

:lol: Made me laugh, I almost forget my handover there.

Cheers Giles

hand = hang
sorry, little worse for wear, I also appear to have double posted. I am going back to bed

Steven Cedrone
09-11-2005, 01:45 PM
:lol: Made me laugh, I almost forget my handover there.

Cheers Giles

hand = hang
sorry, little worse for wear, I also appear to have double posted. I am going back to bed

Duplicate post deleted. Don't worry, we forgive you! :wink: