View Full Version : Just wondering

KP
09-02-2005, 05:18 PM
I have a set of applications written for the PC (c# Visual Studio .NET). I can change the screen sizes and shrink everything down to Pocket PC size.

I can connect to the network using wifi and see all the shared folders etc.

I can copy my shrunk down applications to the shared folders. With file explorer I can see them... they are there on the Pocket PC. But when I try to run the .exe (again through file explorer) nothing happens - literally. The screen stays as it is. I can understand that this could happen with the more complex ones that use SQL (looking at Web service for these) - but I have one which is a simple welcome menu type screen, with 3 buttons - (Route A, Route B and Goodbye) and that one does the same.

Please someone explain why this is happening. It's been a long and frustrating week.......

gwinter
09-03-2005, 02:43 PM
Did you create the application for "Smart Device" under Visual Studio? If you're just copying over the application you wrote for desktop, it might not run because the runtime version of the Framework is not compatible. But the device should give an error message. So perhaps your applications contains features not supported by the Compact Framework.