View Full Version : Syncing With Office 2003

cal_j
08-31-2005, 02:34 AM
All,

I have opportunity to upgrade from Office Xp to Office 2003. Just wanted to know if anybody has had any troubles with syncing with Office 2003? Just wanted to make sure it works with everything.

Anybody have any good war stories with it Let me know, because I don’t have to switch, but I figured since thecollege that I’m going to is practically giving it to me.

Probably the wrong place to ask, but would I just be able install 2003 over office xp without having to move emails and junk like that around? If no one knows, it’s not a big deal. I’m more worried about the syncing with Outlook.

Thanks

Janak Parekh
08-31-2005, 02:45 AM
Office 2003 should upgrade Office XP cleanly (e.g., you don't need to uninstall XP first), but as always I recommend you do a backup of your critical data. Additionally, ActiveSync should work fine. I've seen one or two instances where the latest version of AS 3.x needs to be reinstalled, but that's about it, and I use it all the time with Outlook 2003.

--janak

cal_j
09-07-2005, 02:09 AM
Just wanted to say that that I broke down & bought Office 2003. It all works together and for what I think that it works a little bit better than Office XP.
If anybody gets the chance to upgrade, it might be worth the money.

ironguy
09-07-2005, 03:20 PM
If you work for a fairly large company that uses Office 2003, check with them about getting a copy. My company worked a deal with MS to get copies for home use. They cost us $20. Tough to beat. :D

pocketpcadmirer
09-13-2005, 09:25 AM
Same here..i upgraded to office xp 2005..but no major changes thought