View Full Version : Changing the PC I Sync To

jsstevo
08-30-2005, 02:07 PM
Hi,

I currently AcitveSync my H2210 to Outlook on my work PC. I now want to continue to Sync most of the Outlook items on my work PC, but want to Sync the E-mail side of my home PC instead. Is this possible?

Last time i did it, it came up with an error saying i currently am syncing e-mail to another. How do i remove the old e-mails and settings on the PPC?

Cheers,

Jonathan

Sven Johannsen
08-30-2005, 03:46 PM
On your work PC you must have Inbox checked as one of the things you are syncing. It shows up in the sync window with contacts, calendar, etc?
Just go into options and un-check it and it won't sync the e-mails.

Check the box on your home PC. Should work. Some think that Inbox will only work from the first partnership set up, but I don't believe that is true. I've changed them before without deleting partnerships and re-establishing.

jsstevo
08-30-2005, 04:52 PM
Thanks for the reply, but i had already un-ticked the "Inbox" on my work PC. Any more thoughts?

Would it be easier to delete partnerships, sync to home Inbox then sync to rest of the stuff at work?

Cheers,

Jonathan

Sven Johannsen
08-30-2005, 07:00 PM
If it's not working for you, that may be the only way to go. Make sure your Outlook stuff is up to date. Dump the partnership at home for the PPC and reset it up. When it asks if you want only this PC, say yes and it wiil delete both partnerships on the PPC. Then when you get to work and re-set up there you can choose more than one PC in that wizard.

You can choose to overwrite the PPC from the PC, but I normally combine. I usually get a few duplicates spread over contacts, calendar, notes, but never anything substantial. I'd rather clear out a few dups, than lose something and not know it till I need it.