View Full Version : I havw been assimillated!

Don't Panic!
08-29-2005, 04:10 AM
I'm posting from a Samsung i730 on the Verison EV network.

First impressions
After using 3.8 and 3.5 inch screens for 5 years this smalller 2+ inch screen is going to take some getting used to.

The EV network is wicked fast.

QWERTY slide keyboards are not as essentential or easy to use as I thought they would be.

Overall I like it but I guess I'll have to unlearn some PPC habits. More later...

jhennig
08-29-2005, 04:33 AM
So is that a thumbs up for it or a thumbs down? Is it looking like a solid device, or is it lacking in quality?

Don't Panic!
08-29-2005, 04:42 AM
As far as construction goes it's solid. No flimsyness with this device. It feels good in your hand. It's just smaller than the devices I'm used to.

I can't give a thumbs up or down until I play with the phone side.

Paragon
08-29-2005, 03:18 PM
I'm posting from a Samsung i730 on the Verison EV network.

First impressions
After using 3.8 and 3.5 inch screens for 5 years this smalller 2+ inch screen is going to take some getting used to.

Hey, Bobby,

When I had my iMate JAM I used my x50v for everything that could take advantage of the bigger screen. Because of the continued use of the larger screen, I never felt comfortable with the smaller screen. when I switched to the M500 I decided to try using the Eten M500 exclusively. Having done that I am going to sell the x50v. I am quite happy with the screen size.

Dave

Don't Panic!
09-01-2005, 01:08 AM
I still haven't really explored the phone functions yet but on the PPC side this machine is pretty sharp. It comes with Sprite Backup preinstalled and Consumer IR with software very similar to NEVO.

One thing that really bugs me though is the headphone jack cover. Unless you have long fingernails it's a bugger to get open. A cover for the headphone jack is a great idea, I just wish that it was easier to use.

kaitanium
09-01-2005, 04:20 AM
data plans must be expensive. that speed makes you want to surf even more.