View Full Version : Internet for ipaq 3835

Jsucher
08-27-2005, 02:11 AM
Hi, im new here and I was curious if anybody knows where i could find internet providers so that i could use IE and check email on my ipaq 3835. Anything is appreciated. If this is in the wrong section, please move it. Thanks

ADBrown
08-27-2005, 08:59 AM
Are you looking for internet access everywhere, or only at your home/office? For the latter, you could get a CompactFlash jacket and a CF WiFi card. For the former, you'll need Bluetooth (also requiring some kind of sleeve) and a Bluetooth cell phone that's data-enabled.

Jsucher
08-28-2005, 11:39 PM
I want to use it at wifi enabled places like starbucks. I believe i already have a CF Jacket. Where can i get the card?

ADBrown
08-29-2005, 05:38 AM
This one is probably the cheapest available, and it has the bonus of 128 MB of flash memory onboard. I've never used it, so I can't comment.

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?InvtId=SDWCFB-128-768&cm_ven=Froogle&cm_cat=Shopping&cm_ite=total

kaitanium
08-29-2005, 06:53 AM
wifi enabled places like starbucks are run by companies like tmobile, boingo or whatever, once you try to view a page on their networks it will bring your browser to their payment site for monthly service or by minutes or whatever. it can get pretty costly. you cant have your own ISP. you can sign up for their service on their websites if you want i believe.

yea that sandisk card is a good buy. i had a socket wlan card when i had my 3835. i believe that was the best card around you can get, of course at a premium price.

ADBrown
08-29-2005, 08:19 AM
I too have the Socket card, as a matter of fact. I used to use it on my Axim X5. It really is a great card, if you can bear the price. It's specifically designed for minimum battery drain, so you can use it longer than other cards. The downside is the price (currently around $50, I believe), and the fact that compared to this one it doesn't add any memory.