View Full Version : Ipaq 2210 HW Problems

quasimodo
08-24-2005, 10:37 AM
I wanted to clean my HP2210 with a damp cloth. Seems, that a little bit of water creeped under the sreen. From that time on the touch panel did not work properly anymore.

So I opened the case and had to lift a foil from the screen in order to remove the water bump. After mounting everything again and performing a hard reset, the screen is just blank and is not reacting to any touch. Even the reacting after hard and soft resets seems to be different than before.

When I connect the device to a PC via ActiceSync, it seems to run, as I can see, remove and replace the SW. I'm not shure what is broken, the grahical interface electronic on the "main board", the display including the touch panel or the flad cabel connection.

Anyone has a hint how I coud proceed testing?

- Wilfried

chasmanor
08-24-2005, 08:46 PM
I suggest you ask the guys at Pocket PC Techs. They can probably fix it for you. And upgrade your memory as well. www.pocketpctechs.com They do good work.

LWesson
08-24-2005, 09:23 PM
I suggest you ask the guys at Pocket PC Techs. They can probably fix it for you. And upgrade your memory as well. www.pocketpctechs.com They do good work.

thanks for the referral and kudos.

quasimodo
08-25-2005, 10:41 AM
Many thanks indeed.

It seem , however, a little bit impractibel to me, since I'm located in Germany.

- Wilfried

LWesson
08-25-2005, 06:57 PM
Many thanks indeed.

It seem , however, a little bit impractibel to me, since I'm located in Germany.

- Wilfried

Actually not at all. Please take care of it locally:

http://www.expansys.de/p_ppctech.asp