View Full Version : Sprint PPC-6600 (HTC) ... Windows M2005 Upgrade Path???

code-frog
08-22-2005, 07:32 PM
I'm really looking at going with the PPC-6600 with Sprint PCS. I'm already a PCS customer and really need to integrate my phone/ppc into one device. My major concern is that I cannot seem to find any good information on whether the 6600 has an upgrade path to WM2005. Does anyone know if it does?

Can anyone tell me if this is a decent product? All feedback welcome.

Thanks

Rex

Chris Spera
08-22-2005, 09:10 PM
the 6600 is an HTC Blue Angel, and according to HTC, they are not releasing a WM5 Upgrade for it. that doesn't mean there won't be one, that means that it won't be official. You'll need to watch XDA-Developers to see if someone gets WM5 for the Blue Angel and can make it work.

If you have to have WM5, then you need to wait. Other than that, the Blue Angel is an awesome phone. I have a GSM version (i-mate PDA2k) and I love it!

that_kid
08-22-2005, 09:15 PM
The 6600 is a great device, I've had mine since january/february and they have been working great. The only thing is no WM5 which I'm upset about.

code-frog
08-22-2005, 09:19 PM
the 6600 is an HTC Blue Angel, and according to HTC, they are not releasing a WM5 Upgrade for it. that doesn't mean there won't be one, that means that it won't be official. You'll need to watch XDA-Developers to see if someone gets WM5 for the Blue Angel and can make it work.

If you have to have WM5, then you need to wait. Other than that, the Blue Angel is an awesome phone. I have a GSM version (i-mate PDA2k) and I love it!

I see all sorts of stuff that hints that it *should* work with WM05 but I cannot find a thing that says, "It does."

I'm very impressed with the phone and I'm worried that waiting for WM2005 might mean that I miss out on a great phone that will perfectly meet my needs to get ahold of something sub-par by comparison.

I did see on the front page a while back that there's another phone that might be out in October that will run WM2005. Did you see that? What are your thoughts on that?

- Rex