View Full Version : Speaker pop on x50v

cab124
08-19-2005, 03:38 PM
I just got an x50v on Tuesday (bums me out to be reading about the coupons. I paid $418 because I didn't know any coupons were available).

I really like it so far, except for the very noticeable speaker "pop" sound that is made any time the speaker is used. It is especially noticeable when using the internal speaker.

The iPaq 3650 had this same issue which was caused by the driver enabling and disabling the speaker each time a sound was made, causing the popping sound. This was done to conserve power. I wonder if Dell is doing the same thing?

Compaq corrected this problem with a driver update.

It sounds minor, but it can be annoying.

Has anyon else noticed this?

PetiteFlower
08-19-2005, 05:45 PM
My X5 actually does this, but the only time it's loud enough to be noticable was when I had it hooked up to my car speakers via a cassette adapter. I don't think I ever noticed it on my headphones even.

Mitch D
08-20-2005, 12:27 AM
I was just playing the latest Star Wars sound track on mine and I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. Could just be a bad speaker, have you checked with Dell?

Darius Wey
08-20-2005, 03:40 AM
I used to have this speaker pop on my X50v, but ever since upgrading to A05, it's disappeared. I'll keep you informed if I encounter it again.

Patrick Y.
08-29-2005, 12:36 AM
I don't have any speaker pop even with a04.