View Full Version : Wait or Buy (well sort of)?

OneAngryDwarf
08-18-2005, 06:31 PM
I have an iPAQ 4155 and having lots of troubles w/ it and am going to have to exchange it at Best Buy (I have the two year replacement plan which is expiring in Nov). Since it is no longer manufactured they can't repair it and instead would just give me a $450 credit towards a new PPC. Looking at their choices, that would give me no other choice than to get an rx3715 unless I wanted to convert to Palm (which is not even a possibility - i'm totally against Palm's current OS - which is probabably their last). I digress... anyway, I really don't like the rx3715 and was wondering if anybody knew if Best Buy will be selling something else or something newer between now and November. Also is it yet known if the rx3715 will be Windows Mobile 5.0 (Magneto) upgradeable?
Bottom line... should I just go get the rx3715 now or will there be something else I should wait for between now and Nov.

Thanks for the input

Darius Wey
08-18-2005, 06:49 PM
As far as official press releases are concerned, the rx3715 will not be receiving the Windows Mobile 5.0 upgrade, and as far as I can tell, that won't be changing anytime soon either.

In response to your Best Buy query, unfortunately I can't help you out there. I've only ever walked into Best Buy once and that was 5 years ago. ;) Hopefully, some US folk will be able to pop by this thread and let you know what else the store has to offer.

ADBrown
08-18-2005, 07:29 PM
My best advice would be to wait a month before buying a permanent new unit. Trust me on this. Get the 3715, use it for a month, then eBay it. BestBuy likely won't carry anything new in that time, but there will be new units elsewhere.