View Full Version : Reviving dead 2GB SD Card

biglouis
08-18-2005, 03:17 PM
Shucks, my 4 month old SanDisk 2GB SD card has appeared to lost its memory and its very existence.

First happened when a directory containing my recently purchased version of Sudoku became corrupt. My i-mate JAM would only turn on if I removed the SD card. To begin with I could see the card in the JAM but eventually it was just completely ignored.

When I place said card in my SanDisk card reader, Windows will sorta see it (comes up as drive letter L) but it won't let me open it and it also hangs explorer. Then it disappears from the drive list.

Is this dead and gone or can someone suggest a way to wipe the card (I did do this in the past), reformat it and revive it?????

TIA for your assistance

LouisB

caubeck
08-18-2005, 06:55 PM
I don't know anything about this problem, but may I suggest a new section of the forum be devoted to SD cards and the like, as this is going to be a growing concern amongst all users?

Just a thought, anyway.

i_spock
08-19-2005, 02:07 AM
Bummer! If you are willing to wipe the card to resurrect it, then why not return it to sandisk under warranty? They have a 5 year warranty on their flash cards- since buying my 512MB SD card in late 2003 I've had to replace it 3 times. It takes two weeks or so. Good luck!

The PocketTV Team
08-19-2005, 03:49 AM
Have you tried re-formatting the card?>