View Full Version : Siemens SX66 MAC Address

ccharris1
08-17-2005, 02:06 PM
Is it true that the SX66 does not have a fixed MAC Address?

I use MAC Address filtering both at work and at home on a wireless network. If the SX66's MAC Address changes with each soft reset, how can I use the filtering? Disabling the MAC filtering is not an option at work.

Thanks,
Craig.

Janak Parekh
08-18-2005, 04:10 AM
I haven't heard this, but you can try verifying it yourself. vxUtil and/or vxIpConfig from www.cam.com should be able to tell you the MAC address. Try a soft reset and see what happens.

--janak

ccharris1
08-18-2005, 03:00 PM
Janak:

Thank you so much for the reply.

I downloaded and installed vxUtil. After 3 soft resets the MAC address of the Siemens SX66 wireless adapter stayed the same.

I suppose I shouldn't just accept what I read in some (not this one) newsgroups. The writer that noted the changing MAC address said Siemens was working on a fix, so I guess I lucked out.

Thanks, again.
Craig.

Janak Parekh
08-18-2005, 03:57 PM
I suppose I shouldn't just accept what I read in some (not this one) newsgroups.
Well, it's a curious thing to make up, so maybe there's a bigger story behind it -- for example, maybe the poster had a program that was changing it...?

Anyway, good luck with your setup. vxUtil is a handy piece of freeware to keep on your Pocket PC, too.

--janak