View Full Version : Files on Storage card - missing but not really????

Sooner Magic
08-15-2005, 05:37 PM
I have a 4150 with a San Disk Ultra II 512 card.

The SD card has several files on it (Pocket Word, etc) which I can see when I explore the card using Total Commander. However, when I open Pocket Word, then close it...it defaults to the "All Folders" view which should list all Pocket Word documents on my iPAQ. It used to list the documents on my SD card, but now they are not shown.

Again, I can see them via Total Commander and can open them from there just fine. When when changing the view to "Known file types", "Pocket Word only" or "Pocket Word & Text", it doesn't make a difference.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

burtcom
08-15-2005, 10:37 PM
I wonder if this is related to the "feature" of WinMobile that shows only documents in "My Documents"?

Look and see if there is a file on the root directory of your SD card called "ignore_my_docs"

If not, create one (it can be an empty text file) and save it to the SD card -- there must not be any extension on it.

If this file is not present on the Storage Card, the OS is supposed to show only the files within the "My Documents" folder on the card. Putting this file on the root folder should tell the OS to see documents within other folders on the card -- but only one level deep.