View Full Version : PPC/Outlook/Quickbooks anyone?

Crimguy
08-15-2005, 05:24 PM
I just bought Quickbooks for my new business. My work PC is a brand new notebook and I currently only have QB installed. I also have an ipaq 3970.

Right now Outlook is being loaded on my notebook. I have about 250 contacts (mostly personal) on my ppc that I sync with my home computer.

I am worried that, after I sync with Outlook and ppc, when I exchange data with Outlook and Quickbooks all my personal contacts will be imported to Quickbooks as customers or vendors. That is not a good solution for me as I just want to keep my business customers in quickbooks.

What's the best solution for me so that I can keep my quickbooks data pristine yet have the data in outlook and ppc for calendaring/correspondence?

Thanks a bunch!

Paragon
08-15-2005, 09:44 PM
In Quickbooks under: Company/sync contacts, you can choose to sync one way to avoid cluttering Quickbooks with personal contacts.

In case you are interested there are a few invoicing applications for Pocket PCs that sync with Quickbooks. I use Lowfat Invoice. There are also apps called, Captra, and Solstice. A google search should get you some links.

Dave

Crimguy
08-16-2005, 01:24 AM
In Quickbooks under: Company/sync contacts, you can choose to sync one way to avoid cluttering Quickbooks with personal contacts.

So the key is to only imput contacts in Quickbooks, yes? I've also been tinkering with their customer manager - it needs a lot of work but I've grown to rely on its calendar showing me my clients with their appts. I might have to drop that habit . . .

In case you are interested there are a few invoicing applications for Pocket PCs that sync with Quickbooks. I use Lowfat Invoice. There are also apps called, Captra, and Solstice. A google search should get you some links.

Dave

Lowfat does look very cool. Thanks for the link - even if its overkill for me. BTW, there is a bit of mention on their site to qb integration? Are the invoices recorded in QB?

Paragon
08-16-2005, 01:45 AM
For me, I have found that exporting contacts out of Quickbooks only works best. That way all my contacts are in Outlook, and on my PPC, but Quickbooks does not get cluttered with personal contacts. When I enter a new customer I do it to Quickbooks, not Outlook, then on a sync that data is transferred to Outlook.

Lowfate Invoice has two versions. The Quickbooks version integrates with Quickbooks. It has an interface that lets you control what data is transfered to and from your Pocket PC. It is a very good product, if you need mobility. Of all the different products that integrate Quickbooks with a Pocket PC it seems to have the most bang for the buck.

Dave