View Full Version : HX 2410 Bluetooth Connection to BT-338 GPS Receiver

gas1318
08-11-2005, 09:37 AM
I have just purchased a HP HX 2410 and a Globalsat BT-338 GPS Receiver. When I try to connect the two together the HX 2410 does find the GPS Receiver and does connect to it but under activity is shows no Bytes Sent and no Bytes received but the signal strength is good and the GPS itself does show the Bluetooth connection is made (Blue light is blinking faster).

I have paired the unit, and looking at the CDROM that came with the GPS it does state a baud rate to set but I cannot find anywhere on the HX 2410 to set this.

Naturally when I open up Tomtom 5 it shows "No GPS Device"

Can Anyone help with this

Garry

Menneisyys
08-12-2005, 05:48 AM
I have paired the unit

Are you sure? With the '0000' PIN? (AFAIK that's the default PIN with this GPS unit as well.)

and looking at the CDROM that came with the GPS it does state a baud rate to set but I cannot find anywhere on the HX 2410 to set this.

You need to set the baud rate from inside Tomtom, in the GPS setting dialog somewhere.

gas1318
08-12-2005, 09:11 AM
I have now sorted this problem

It was the set up in TomTom 5.

For a bluetooth GPS you have to select the GPS type as "Other NMEA Cable GPS" (Obviously !!!) and then set the baud rate to 38400. The software then finds the GPS Reciever.