View Full Version : Ipaq 4150

Cugami
08-11-2005, 07:01 AM
i am planning to buy a new ppc... i searched the net and i found 4150...
Beyond its performance and dula wireless adapter, the form factor really shoots me. It is slim and much smaller than the newer high-end ppc...
But the problem is it is an old ppc and you can'T find a brand new one.Actually i found a brand new but it's a bit expensive...
Now iam thinking to buy it but before buying a ppc i wanna ask to you guys...
the closest candidate is Pocket loox 720. it really is a good one(my friend owns one). closely same features except for the dual slot and the screen size...
the batt lifes are almost same but for the form factor 4150 wins 0X
does anyone use 4150? i wanna read some experiments with it...Are you Satisfied ?
and the last question is i heard WM mobile 5.0 would be upgraded from olny WM 2003 SE, and the 4150 has WM2003 Pro edition. Will i be able to upgrade it?
Any help will be appreciated ...
thnx

ADBrown
08-11-2005, 07:21 AM
You will definitely not be able to upgrade the OS. Even most modern iPaq devices can't be upgraded, and the 4150 definitely can't.

If I were you, I would buy something newer like the Loox 720 or the Axim X50v. They'll both be getting OS upgrades, they have screens that are four times sharper and better than the 4150, more features, and they're similar in size and shape. It doesn't make sense to pay extra for a machine that's now 2-3 generations out of date.

Cugami
08-11-2005, 07:28 AM
i konw loox 720 is really a strong device... i don't think about Dell Axim..
but the main problem of mine is the form factor. loox 720 and 4150 have really different form factors. for me slightness and the weight is important. But upgrade problem upsets me.. i like eploring new technologies but i can't be able to upgrade ipaqs...
4150 is an old generation device but from the posts and reviews i've read it is the finest ppc ever and really has strong features that high end ppc doesn't have???
that makes me really confused??? :(

kaitanium
08-11-2005, 07:29 AM
ive been raving all over these forums lately about the x50v. its the BOMB

Kowalski
08-11-2005, 08:03 AM
4150 an old device , so you wont be able to update the OS, and even if you find an unused one, the price will be very high as you said.
But the device is still a killer! The form factor is the best. Battery life and the overall system performance is realy good.
In the end i wont suggest you this device. Why? The device i am using is about 2 years old, and from 2 years now there will be new software comming and i am not sure that the new software will be able to work on this device.

gamboagarcia
08-16-2005, 05:30 AM
I can assure you it is a great device. I own one since December, 2002.

I have owned several devices in the past, like Palm III, V, Handspring's and a Treo before moving to pocket pc, then I had a couple HP's running the first version of Pocket PC then switch to Ipaqs, had a Toshiba and when the merger HP Compaq happened switched to this pretty baby and stayed with it since then.

I most say also that i bought almost every single accesory in the market for my previous devices like keyboards, thumbkeyboards, expansion sleeves, memory cards, you name it.

Then, one day I found myself as a frecuent business traveler with a briefcase full of accesories and wires trying to achieve almost everything with my mobile device and decided to switch again to basics understanding that a ppc can't be a primary device as I used.

Now i have a desktop at my office and a laptop at home and for traveling and use my ppc for my day to day on the streets life.

Haven't changed since then, is running just like the day I bought it and have no plans to change it in mid future as no one in the market today with this same form factor has bluetooth and wifi, runs this fast, and fits in my suit's pocket this way.

My recommendation to you: GO AND GET IT!! :D

Cugami
08-23-2005, 07:57 PM
yeah i get it.(4150) it really kicks as#
now im trying to explore it :mrgreen:
thanx everbody