View Full Version : What keyboard should I get for my Blue Angel?

martin_ayton
08-10-2005, 08:15 PM
I have been driven to admit to myself that the built-in thumbboard on the Blue Angel is, for me, just about useless and I need to buy a portable keyboard. I'd like the following: Number keys
As light and portable as possible without compromising its main function (being a keyboard!)
It has to work well with a Blue Angel (I looked at the HP BT folding keyboard, but I'm just not sure that it will work with my PPC). Also, I don't want to be balancing mirrors about the place to make IR work.
It has to have 'feel.' I love the look of the virtual laser-projected keyboard, but I can't believe that I will be able to type effectively on a flat surface where my fingers get no feedback that the key stroke has been registered.
I will need to use it and the PPC balanced in my lapI'm not too bothered whether it is a Bluetooth device, IR or cabled as long as it works (see above). Actually, I may have a slight preference for BT so the thing stays useable if and when I change my Blue Angel for a newer model. I will never use the keyboard whilst the PPC is cradled, but it might be useful if the keyboard has a holder of some sort for the PPC. It would also be good if it worked with the PPC in either portrait or landscape

What do you guys and girls use and love? What should I avoid?

MitchellO
08-11-2005, 02:42 AM
Well for landscape use, that basically narrows your choice to BT or IrDA.

martin_ayton
08-11-2005, 11:37 AM
Thanks MitchellO. I had sort of guessed that: the Blue Angel cable connector is probably non-standard anyway and I'd like the keyboard to last longer than the PPC 8)

MitchellO
08-11-2005, 12:37 PM
Yeah, I think they have a team at these companies to make up new connectors (like Panasonic does for new front plates on their VCRs :lol: )