View Full Version : HP1945 questions...

Jub-Jub
08-09-2005, 10:02 PM
Hey all,
I was looking for a mp3 player to exercise/jog with but then I thought, why not a PPC instead? Sure they cost a little more, but they're much cooler.
So, it this a good idea? I was thinking of the 1945 with a 1gb sd card since you can get silicone skins for them plus they are nice and small.
I could get stuff done on it other that music aswell.
Also, now that I'm on the subject: Can I use the 1945s BlueTooth option to get on the net with my Wi-Fi connection?
Thanks,

caubeck
08-10-2005, 01:21 AM
We use an ipaq 1935 and a 1945 for music and movies. Our MP3 players are in a drawer whimpering somewhere...

ADBrown
08-10-2005, 03:44 AM
No, Bluetooth and WiFi are different techs (though they're both designed for wireless communication). To connect to a WiFi network, you would need a PocketPC with built in WiFi, like the Axim X50 or an iPaq 4100.

kaitanium
08-10-2005, 06:11 AM
the ipaq 1945 is also sdio compatible meaning u can get a sd wifi card for it if you want to utilize your wifi. i always use my ppc as a music player can an ipod go online too? NAW I DONT THINK SO. but it does hold alot of music. i rather have functionality over space =P

Kowalski
08-10-2005, 07:22 AM
if you need a mp3 player, buy a mp3 player.
a pda will be cool for sure, but it needs some maintance, the runtimes will be far less than a player.
if you buy a player that plugs directly to usb, you will transfer files with ease

Jub-Jub
08-10-2005, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the replies, everyone.
Hmm, I checked out the 4100 series. They seem pretty good, but I've read tons of horror stories on Amazon saying the screens break or crack without warning. Is this true?
And yeah, I know an Ipod or something else might be a good choice, but I also want the functionality of a PPC. I just wanted to know if I could use for exercise.