View Full Version : LogMeIn

niggles
08-09-2005, 06:52 PM
What is your opinion about this remote access software? Is it any good?

victore
08-09-2005, 07:43 PM
It's pretty awesome. I have it installed on all my home machines and on the PC @ my parents house. I can either use the full Win32 client or if I'm in a crunch, use the Windows Mobile version. The speed in which the screen is diplayed is very good. The best part is that I don't have to worry about poking holes in my firewall for it to work.

jgalindo
08-09-2005, 08:48 PM
It is great! I use it at home and work

nitestrike
08-09-2005, 09:32 PM
Same here use it it home and with my families PCs.

Music Attorney
08-10-2005, 06:54 AM
I use the free version of Logmein to connect from my home computer to my work computer. I also use it to connect from my Audiovox xv6600 to my home and work computers. Very happy with it.

Best,
MA

Patrick Y.
08-14-2005, 10:30 PM
It is GREAT and FREE!!!

Ecks
08-16-2005, 06:36 AM
I agree with all the previou posts. I've been using the free version for the past few months now. Works like a charm.
Ecks

OSUKid7
08-21-2005, 11:26 PM
I just installed this on my laptop (more like desktop replacement) here at college so I can access it from a lab computer. So far it seems great. I don't have a public IP address, so I needed something that would work through a firewall/NAT'ed routers, so I'm hoping this will work well.

How well (if at all) does LogMeIn work with Pocket PCs?

edit: I went to logmein.com on my Pocket PC, and downloaded/installed the client. Unfortunately, after it installs and I "click heree to continue connecting after the download and installation process has finished," it just takes me to the previous page and asks to download it again. Any ideas?

Patrick Y.
08-22-2005, 12:44 AM
Just download and install it again on your PDA. Just a thought, the desktop installation packages DOESN't include Pocket PC client.

OSUKid7
08-22-2005, 12:46 AM
Just download and install it again on your PDA. Just a thought, the desktop installation packages DOESN't include Pocket PC client.
I've clicked that link to (re)install it about 10 times, and even after a soft reset, it does the same thing. :(

Patrick Y.
08-22-2005, 12:50 AM
I've clicked that link to (re)install it about 10 times, and even after a soft reset, it does the same thing. :(

umm.. That's really weird. You should email them about the problem. They have REALLY good customer support even though logmein basic edition is free. :D

OSUKid7
08-22-2005, 12:55 AM
umm.. That's really weird. You should email them about the problem. They have REALLY good customer support even though logmein basic edition is free. :D
Alright, I'll do that. That's good to hear their customer support is good. :) Thanks for the help.