View Full Version : Ghost Alarms in WM5

humayunl
08-08-2005, 12:23 PM
I have a strange issue with Alarm/Notifications in WM5

I had set an alarm using the built-in clock/alram app. Normally when the alarm rinds, there's a dismiss option in the soft buttons in WM5. This is how it has been working for a while.

Strangely, two days ago, the alarm rang but there was no dismiss option... there was no way for me to snooze or dismiss the alarm. I muted my phone and after a while un-muted it and the alarm was gone. Then i went to the alarm app and disabled the alarm.

The same day, i set up an appointment in calendar. When the appointment nitification came on, the sound was played but again, the dismiss option was nowhere to be seen. I couldnt snooze this alarm either.

Now this is one issue, the main annoying issue is that whenever i soft-reset my phone, these two ghost alarms (the original alarm which does not exist anymore, AND the notification for that entry in my calendar which i couldnt snooze, because the option was not displayed) they start sounding as my phone is half way rebooting... And there's nothing i can do to dismis or snooze them.

Any idea? any help will be appreciated. thanks!