View Full Version : Users of Smartphones and Pocket PCs: How do you use them?

ctmagnus
08-07-2005, 05:12 AM
These questions are for individuals who use both a Smartphone and a Pocket PC:

How do you use them? Do you sync similar data from your desktop/server to each (ie, each one gets the same set of data), or do you sync certain data to one and other data to the other?

I use an iPaq 5550 religiously and I recently acquired a SMT5600. So far, I've been synching just the basic Outlook pim data to the phone (ie, everything in ActiveSync it will accept by default) and synching everything (all data synced with the 5600 plus PhatNotes, Spb Finance and Files) to the Pocket PC.

I've noticed a few times that one or more items that were in sync between the desktop and iPaq was/were out of sync on the Smartphone, so I'm wondering if there's a better way to do things.

Does anyone do anything different? Better?

npatang
08-08-2005, 06:53 PM
No that is only the way and I think that is the good one

--Npatang

Sven Johannsen
08-08-2005, 07:44 PM
I try to keep most everything current on both. As I've commented a few times on camera threads, there are places I can't take my phone, so I need to make sure the PPC is up to date. When I can just take the phone, I do, as it is more convinient for data lookup, and has the easy web access. It needs to have the majority of stuff too.

I think of my desktop as the primary data holder. If I change something in the field on the PPC or SP, I make sure I sync that first when I get to the desk. That way when I sync the second device it is copied there too.

It's a bit manual, but short of having all the devices automatically sync to a server, even when remote, it's what I got.