View Full Version : Errormessage on Ipaq HX2100

Jannymh
08-06-2005, 10:59 PM
Hi there,

I just own my Ipaq for a couple of hours -- and really need your help!

Since I read in this fantastic forum before buying my HP, I thought I was prepared for handling the HX2100 -- but: FAR FROM BEING TRUE!

I`m in real trouble with BETAPLAYER!

I installed it and it opens correctly on the pda, but no matter what kind of file I`ll try it to playback ----(avi, divx, xvid) I`ll always get the errormessage. "Format unrecognized".....

I can`t understand that, because it even happens to files I ran through Pocket Divx Encoder with automatic settings to produce a pocket PC file........

What am I doing wrong?

Please help me! PLEASE!!!

galt
08-07-2005, 12:34 AM
I think you might need to install the additional codecs. Try downloading and running the setup files titled: ffmpeg.setup.0.66.exe, ac3.setup.0.66.exe, vorbislq.setup.0.66.exe,

via the TCPMP download page: http://corecodec.org/frs/?group_id=53&release_id=125#r125

Darius Wey
08-07-2005, 03:20 AM
Try TCPMP (http://tcpmp.corecodec.org) instead - it's the updated version of BetaPlayer, as galt has suggested.

Secondly, are you attempting to load the files through File Explorer or through the File > Open File interface? Bear in mind that if you're trying to execute a file through File Explorer, you will have had to enable the appropriate file associations within TCPMP first. If this is simply a codec issue, then download the files galt mentioned.

Jannymh
08-07-2005, 05:27 PM
First - Thanks for your kind help.

I don`t guess it`s a codec problem, since I already found one file on the net that plays on the betaplayer. It was labled divx, so the codec must be there.....otherwise Betaplayer wouldn`t have played it..... or????

I do open the files through File Explorer ---what do you mean with that I will have to enable the appropriate file associations within TCPMP first? How do I do THAT???

BTW--- if I download the plugins for TCPMP as suggestet, do I need only the .cab files or the .exe files too?

Sorry to bother you with all this, but I`m really on the verge of a nervous breakdown here... I feel just so stupid for not being able to get the videoplayer to work....everywhere I read about videoplayback NO ONE seems to have any trouble at all with it...... :cry: :(

Darius Wey
08-07-2005, 05:38 PM
I don`t guess it`s a codec problem, since I already found one file on the net that plays on the betaplayer. It was labled divx, so the codec must be there.....otherwise Betaplayer wouldn`t have played it..... or????

Yes, by default, BetaPlayer, or rather, TCPMP, handles DivX files without a hitch.

I do open the files through File Explorer ---what do you mean with that I will have to enable the appropriate file associations within TCPMP first? How do I do THAT???

Open TCPMP, and navigate to Options > Settings > File Associations. Ensure that the AVI/DivX box is selected (a soft-reset usually isn't needed from hereon, but you may have to perform one just so the system registers the new setting). You should then be able to tap on a AVI file within File Explorer and have it load through TCPMP.

BTW--- if I download the plugins for TCPMP as suggestet, do I need only the .cab files or the .exe files too?

The CAB files are for local installations (i.e. installing them on the Pocket PC without the need for ActiveSync on the PC). The EXE files are for installations over ActiveSync (therefore, you will need a PC). You only need to get one or the other, not both.

Sorry to bother you with all this, but I`m really on the verge of a nervous breakdown here... I feel just so stupid for not being able to get the videoplayer to work....everywhere I read about videoplayback NO ONE seems to have any trouble at all with it...... :cry: :(

Not a problem. Nothing ever works out 100% and it's always better to ask than to bottle it up inside and not let it out. Don't be afraid to ask questions on these forums. The vast majority of readers are a friendly bunch who have no hesitation to help. :)

Jannymh
08-09-2005, 08:18 PM
...I really tried. Installed the latest version of Betaplayer and TCMP.
Downloaded the plugins, checked the correct boxes for avi and divx.
Still all I get when I open a videofile (even the ones run through Deset video maker is: Unknow format.

Seems that I`m not meant to play any videos on my Ipaq.
Still I`d like thank you for your kind help and advice!!!!

Thank you so much!!!!