View Full Version : Receiving e-mail on the go

sorenholm
08-05-2005, 09:58 AM
I am just getting used to my new Axim X50v (moving from years of using Palms). I want to check e-mail on the go via Bluetooth and my cellphone. Is there no way to receive e-mails into my Outlook account and then have them synchronized with my PC when I connect? As far as I can tell I can send e-mails from Pocket Outlook, but have to set up another account to receive e-mail.
Am I missing something?

Darius Wey
08-05-2005, 11:03 AM
You shouldn't have to set up two different accounts to send and receive email (if you plan on having it work all through ActiveSync).

I assume you're using the "Outlook E-mail" account in Pocket Inbox, and that you also have the Inbox set to synchronise through ActiveSync (look in Tools > Options in ActiveSync on the PC)?

yankeejeep
08-05-2005, 11:45 AM
To send and receive email while disconnected from your desktop, you will need to set up a second Messaging inbox account with the same settings as your Outlook email account. Remember that Messaging on your device can only access POP3 and IMAP email accounts. You will need to know the server names of both incoming and outgoing mail servers (for instance, a POP3 email account commonly uses an SMTP server for sending mail). You will also need security and verification information.

If you have POP3 service, Messaging will not remove the email from the server and it will still be there to be downloaded to your desktop Outlook. In order to sync this second inbox, you will need to add a program such as Intellisync or Pocket Mirror to your standard ActiveSync connection.

You cannot receive into the Outlook Email inbox on your device but only sync items into it from your desktop. You can compose mail to send through this account when away from your desk, but it will not send until your next sync connection. The Outlook Email account in Messaging does not actually function except through the ActiveSync connection.

sorenholm
08-05-2005, 11:55 AM
It seems that I had understood the situation correctly. Too bad really, but I sure appreciate your help!!