View Full Version : Hard case options for Dell X50V

AKAJohnDoe
08-03-2005, 06:19 PM
It appears as if my two choices are the RhinoSkin and the DSI.

I have a DSI for my T3 and like it. The DSI for the X50V is also about $10 less than the RhinoSkin and has free shipping to boot. However, it states that the standard Dell charger connector cannot be used with the case.

On the other hand, the RhinoSkin has an extra SD slot in the cover and an "ABS back/side to maintain clear WiFi". Is that an issue?

Any strong opinions for one vs the other? Any other aluminum hard cases I've overlooked? I am not interested in other types of cases.

Mitch D
08-03-2005, 06:29 PM
Check out www.aximcases.com, they list a couple of different cases for the Axim. Personally I recommend Innopocket's Magnum case for the x50v.

NOTE: I just noticed they are sold out of this case but if it interests you check out www.innopocket.com

AKAJohnDoe
08-03-2005, 08:12 PM
Ooooh! Magnesium. Very nice.

jay2thab
08-12-2005, 08:39 AM
Hi there,

i just got my Innopocket magnum case today and I must say if I had to pick a end all for cases this would be it. Price was a little sttep but when i oppened the box i understood why...its like a suit of armor for your AX!

Targaid
08-17-2005, 01:05 AM
I'm now on my third magnum case from Innopocket in less than 2 months. Why? I think there was a design flaw in the original spec.

The first one lasted about three weeks. Standing up from my desk it got caught on the arm of the chair & the rather flimsy catch broke dropping the Axim to the floor. The case & Axim were fine, but the catch wasn't. The two lugs which held the case closed had been sheared off as the case hit the ground end-on. Innopocket replaced it without a moment's hesitation or charge.

Number two lasted three days before it went exactly the same way, though this time the drop was caused by the screw attachment breaking (I presume there was a flaw in the screw as I was walking & there was no strain on the thing!). This time the pins did not break, but bent. No amount of re-bending would make the case stay closed, so I presume something else on the case had also been damaged.

Again, Innopocket replaced it free of charge, but the newest one is different. The two pins holding the case closed have been replaced with much wider & stronger clips. This is why I presume a design flaw in the earlier models.

Sadly, the cases are also no longer black, but a not unattractive blue/grey with some parts (the clip, hinge & a back panel) still black. The cases are great and have saved my machine from two rather nasty falls. Innopocket's after-sales care is exemplary, especially as the first fall could not be said to be their fault. Highly recommended.

AKAJohnDoe
08-19-2005, 01:15 AM
I got mine this week. VERY NICE. Only issue is that it appears I may need to modify the charger plug (or get an aftermarket replacement) as it is approx 1mm wider on each side than the opening on the case.

Mitch D
08-19-2005, 01:38 AM
I got mine this week. VERY NICE. Only issue is that it appears I may need to modify the charger plug (or get an aftermarket replacement) as it is approx 1mm wider on each side than the opening on the case.

That has been my only complaint about it, I did email Innopocket with the suggestion of widening the charging port on the bottom of the case. Other than that minor issue I love my case.

AKAJohnDoe
08-19-2005, 03:59 AM
I just got brave and filed down the charger adapter and it fits fine now.

Mitch D
08-19-2005, 04:03 AM
I just got brave and filed down the charger adapter and it fits fine now.

That's the next thing on my list right after I get a vehicle charger so I can keep my ax running while using my bluetooth gps in the truck. Hmmm I wonder if any of the future "giveaways" Jason is doing includes some Axim accessories?