View Full Version : How to keep device or screen off when receiving SMS or using AS AUTD?

Axman
08-03-2005, 04:46 PM
Anybody know?

I really want it because I am using Activesync to Exchange Server, and using the silent SMS feature (AUTD) to send me email as it arrives.

Problem is, the silent SMS turns on the device, and then it syncs. I believe that if the SMS didn't turn it on, it would sync w/o turning on at all.

I tried phonealarm, but nothing seemed to work.

Anyone with info, much appreciated!

kevhead
12-05-2005, 04:59 PM
Yeah... I tried phonealarm. That program is just to buggy - great in concept though.

CoreyJF
12-05-2005, 07:38 PM
Yeah... I tried phonealarm. That program is just to buggy - great in concept though.

Version 1.26 installed in main memory works very well for me.

CoreyJF
12-05-2005, 07:41 PM
Anybody know?

I really want it because I am using Activesync to Exchange Server, and using the silent SMS feature (AUTD) to send me email as it arrives.

Problem is, the silent SMS turns on the device, and then it syncs. I believe that if the SMS didn't turn it on, it would sync w/o turning on at all.

I tried phonealarm, but nothing seemed to work.

Anyone with info, much appreciated!

From my understanding the AUTD SMS is what wakes up the device so it knows it has information to sync.

kevhead
12-05-2005, 07:47 PM
Should have stated I use a hw6515 and phonealarm just breaks SMS and voicemail altogether.