View Full Version : POP access Exchange 2003

Mark Kenepp
08-03-2005, 12:05 AM
I am trying to set up on old Kyocera PalmOS based cell phone using the Eudora mail client to access our company Exchange Server via POP3.

I have done this before on our old Exchange Server many times. I have successfully set up my old Ericsson MC218 and Diamond Mako (both EPOC32 r5), My old Handspring Visor Edge and several of my bosses Treos (from the original Handspring Treo to the newer models) and my Sony Ericsson p800 (Symbian UIQ); many of which are still working today (some of them are no longer with us :boohoo:). So, I have some experience setting up POP clients.

With this Kyocera Phone, I can set up the mail client to access my email on the Exchange Server without problems.

However, when I set it up for the phone's owner, I get a log in error (doesn't recognize username or password). :frusty:

I even tried to set up a webmail account to retrieve the email through POP3 and it failed with the phone’s owner’s account but not with mine.

I guess it could just be something about this particular account.

I tried resetting the user's password but it made no difference.

I did create a test account on the network (by copying the account of the phone’s owner so it should have all the same security), sent an email and was able to retrieve the mail using a webmail account set to retrieve POP3 mail.

Anyone have advice as to what to do?

Is there a simple procedure to repair a user account?

An easy way to recreate it?

TIA,