View Full Version : any way to stop my ipaq 4155 from turning on by itself all the time?

Chauzer
08-02-2005, 06:36 AM
my ipaq turns on by itself all the time.. i'm guessing its because of the reminders i have set on appointments? i sync it wout outlook 2003 that i use on my computer, so when i add things to the calendar/tasks, i set reminders up so it reminds me when im using my computer. but when i sync my pocketpc with outlook, i only want the appointments to show up, but i dont want the reminders, b/c i dont want my ipaq turning on by itself all the time, and it ends up wasting batteries until it turns off after a few minutes of no usage.

is there anyway to have the pocketpc NOT turn on for reminders/notifications and only notify u of a reminder only when the pocketpc is already on? or can i just get rid of all the reminders without having to get rid of the reminders on my computer (outlook)?

thanks!

Nurhisham Hussein
08-02-2005, 07:08 AM
It's not necessarily reminders - quite a few today plugins and programs can cause this too, especially when set to autoupdate e.g. journal bar, newsbreak, weather panel etc. There is also activesync, which for some reason sometimes mysteriously switches mobile schedule on. I find that reminders (unlike alarms) generally don't switch on the PDA, but that may just be me.

yankeejeep
08-02-2005, 11:51 AM
If you have set up any Messaging accounts, check the settings. The default is to check for new mail on a regular time interval and this will power your device up to try to connect for the check.

PocketPC Addict
08-02-2005, 02:13 PM
I once tried setting the email to connect and check every 15 minutes. Turned on my ipaq all day like you describe AND all night! Every time a new message came in, I'd get the "bleep!" waking me up. LOL. :oops: