View Full Version : Is there another program like the HP Photosmart ?

babykaye
08-02-2005, 05:15 AM
I'm trying to take pictures and video using my Ipaq rx3715 camera but the program seems to froze everytime and needs to restart my Ipaq. is there such thing as other photosmart programs ???

Sven Johannsen
08-02-2005, 05:24 AM
Likely not that will work with the built in camera in the 3715. FWIW, mine seems to work just fine, as tdo many others. I would expect you have some conflict with something. Unfortunately a hard reset and rebuilding the PPC would probably be indicated.

You could do a good backup, and then hard reset to see how the camera functions 'out-of-the-box'. If it is still acting up then you should give HP a ring. Still under warranty? If it doesn't help, you can always restore from the backup.

babykaye
08-03-2005, 08:01 PM
I did a hard reset and reinstall all my programs but it still the same.

applejosh
08-03-2005, 09:24 PM
If you do a hard reset and don't install all your programs, do you still get the lock-up? That would (at least to me) indicate a hardware issue (either with the device (including the file store which has had issue on that model) or with possibly the SD card if you;re using one). When you start installing all your programs without testing the camera beforehand, you can't eliminate them as the source of your problem.

babykaye
08-05-2005, 07:03 AM
I tried it and its still the same. what do i do?

applejosh
08-05-2005, 02:59 PM
Following a hard reset, and not installing anything else or establishing an ActiveSync partnership, if it still locks up, then I'd say it might be a hardware issue. However, have you checked to see if you have latest ROM update from HP's site? Current ROM version for my US model is 1.01.11. If after any ROM updates it still locks up, I'd say contact HP to see if they have any ideas or if they think it needs replaced under warranty (assuming it is under warranty).