View Full Version : Seeing My hp 6315 on the home wireless network

q-live
08-01-2005, 10:05 PM
I want to basically let my computers see my pda as part of the network and vice versa when im connected to my wi fi...... where do i put workgroup name???? i have the 6315

Sven Johannsen
08-01-2005, 10:40 PM
You don't. You will be able to see your network shares from the PPC, but you will not be able to see the PPC from other units on the network. Basically this is because the PPC has no option to share anything like desktops do. Tap and hold on a folder and look for 'share'. It ain't there.

It is possible to install things like HTTP and FTP servers on the PPC and then access the device from the network, but that is a bit of a W?BIC to me. Typically if I anm wanting to transfer things back and forth between my network and the PPC, the PPC is in my hand, so initiating from there isn't a major bother. I guess i can see how you might want to get something off the PPC or put something on it while it is out of reach, but it isn't happenning, unless you have an AS connection going over WiFi, which again has to be started from the PPC.