View Full Version : How to drive a PPC nut crazy!

Mitch D
07-29-2005, 05:11 PM
I returned my iPaq 4700 on monday and placed my order for a Axim x50v the same day. The only problem is now I have no PPC device to play with (I was nice and passed on both my old devices to friends) and I am going frakking (can I use that work?) crazy. I swear I am suffering from withdrawl symptoms!

8O

To top it off I am on holidays next week and that will leave me even more time that would have been spent reading, listening to music, watching movies and playing games on my PPC.

So this lead me to wondering how all my fellow PPCT users pass thier time when they don't have thier much beloved (or hated) toy handy. What do you do to pass the time.

:?:

Darius Wey
07-29-2005, 05:32 PM
So this lead me to wondering how all my fellow PPCT users pass thier time when they don't have thier much beloved (or hated) toy handy. What do you do to pass the time.

It's hard, I'll admit. ;)

Under such circumstances, I either sleep through it or go out more. :P

Mitch D
07-29-2005, 06:02 PM

It's hard, I'll admit. ;)

Under such circumstances, I either sleep through it or go out more. :P

:rofl:

yankeejeep
07-29-2005, 07:04 PM
There is, of course, only one real response to this situation.

Go cow-tipping.

Darren Behan
07-29-2005, 09:55 PM
I'm surprised someone hasn't made a PPC cow tipping game yet now that you mention it. Tap the cow with your stylus to tip him. Watch out for the cow patties. The image can get wobblier and blurrier the farther you get to simulate the increasing level of drunkeness that you must have in order to tip cows to begin with...

Maybe you could code that until your PPC arrives. Use an emulator and it'll almost be like having a PPC.

Or not.

db

SteveHoward999
07-29-2005, 09:59 PM
'entertaining' the wife
reading paper books

if all else fails a nice beer, or several.

Mitch D
07-30-2005, 12:14 AM
reading paper books

Paper books? They still make them? Hmmmm... learn something new everyday... :wink:

Mitch D
07-30-2005, 12:16 AM
There is, of course, only one real response to this situation.

Go cow-tipping.

I live in the country so cow-tipping is not all that hard to accomplish out here... at least till the farmer finds out... :twisted:

kaitanium
07-30-2005, 12:41 AM
cow-tipping...thats messed up...hehe

well at least your axim isnt backordered till aug 19th!!!!!

hey if you contact dell and complain to them, they will give you a $50 coupon for any future purchase online plus they will expidite your order (i duno if its a gimmick)! still waiting for my confirmation email on that...maybe you should try to complain and make it come faster, perhaps the $50 will make your waits all worth it

kaitanium
07-30-2005, 05:41 AM
lol, it worked, they gave me a $50off stackable coupon

Mitch D
07-30-2005, 06:50 PM
lol, it worked, they gave me a $50off stackable coupon

I am happy to hear it worked for you, I just checked my order status and it appears that my axim shipped yesterday so I should have it next week!!! :D

kaitanium
07-30-2005, 09:08 PM
noooo....wheres mine? =P

Mitch D
07-31-2005, 03:07 AM
noooo....wheres mine? =P

I'm in Canada so I wonder if that makes a difference when ordering? Dell.ca vs. Dell.com? Does anyone out there know if Canada is serviced from somewhere other than the main plant in Texas? (it is Texas isn't it?)

surfer
07-31-2005, 08:59 AM
noooo....wheres mine? =P

I'm in Canada so I wonder if that makes a difference when ordering? Dell.ca vs. Dell.com? Does anyone out there know if Canada is serviced from somewhere other than the main plant in Texas? (it is Texas isn't it?)

I don't know about Canada but here in Sweden it usually takes a week for axims to arrive. I've got friends who ordered axim and they usually take a week to arrive.

PocketPC Addict
07-31-2005, 05:22 PM
Your problem has a very simple solution: Build your own PDA!! :D

D*I*Y Planner Hipster PDA Edition (http://www.douglasjohnston.net/weblog/archives/2005/06/11/diyp2_hipsterpda/)

:rotfl:

kaitanium
07-31-2005, 05:33 PM
problem is that both a regular pda and that pda would be susceptable to water damage! =P

rocky_raher
08-01-2005, 01:42 PM
What do you do to pass the time.

I revert to my pre-Jornada days and carry a book under my arm whereever I go.

One advantage is that I'm broadcasting to the world that I'm a nerdish compulsive reader continuously, not just when I have the PDA out.

rocky_raher
08-01-2005, 01:45 PM
Another thought:

Here's how to drive a Palm nut crazy:

1. On a 3 X 5 card, write, "How do you drive a Palm user crazy? (See other side)".
2. On the other side of the card, write the same thing.
3. Hand the card to him.

:-)

Mitch D
08-02-2005, 03:03 AM
Your problem has a very simple solution: Build your own PDA!! :D

D*I*Y Planner Hipster PDA Edition (http://www.douglasjohnston.net/weblog/archives/2005/06/11/diyp2_hipsterpda/)

:rotfl:

Thanks for the link... I might just build up one or two to give away at the next Calgary PPC User group meeting :wink:

Mitch D
08-02-2005, 03:06 AM
Another thought:

Here's how to drive a Palm nut crazy:

1. On a 3 X 5 card, write, "How do you drive a Palm user crazy? (See other side)".
2. On the other side of the card, write the same thing.
3. Hand the card to him.

:-)

:rofl:

OMG... that's just to funny Rocky

:werenotworthy:

Mitch D
08-02-2005, 03:14 AM
I revert to my pre-Jornada days and carry a book under my arm whereever I go.

One advantage is that I'm broadcasting to the world that I'm a nerdish compulsive reader continuously, not just when I have the PDA out.

Actually I spend alot of spare time reading paper books ( as my collection will attest too), but I do like to have some loaded on my PPC because I never know when I might have time to kill and playing games isn't always something that looks professional. Not to mention playing games isn't always high on my list.

I do miss listening to music on my breaks more than reading. I work in retail and the canned music we have is not to bad till it restarts its loop for the 4th time in my shift (I can usually ignore it while I am working but once I sit down in the lunchroom the muzak is harder to ignore.

But mostly I am just a gadget freak and it drives me crazy when I reach down to check to make sure my PPC is sitting on my hip properly and my hand finds nothing. Hard on the heart the first few times one does not find it there...

Don't Panic!
08-02-2005, 04:17 PM
'entertaining' the wife/girlfriend in my case :) reading paper books

if all else fails a nice beer, or several.Mostly the beers though! :devilboy:

kndlewis
08-05-2005, 12:21 AM
Always keep one old device on hand, usually the most recent.

Mitch D
08-05-2005, 12:51 AM
Always keep one old device on hand, usually the most recent.

Problem is I was being nice to a friend and gave him my x3i. My new dell showed up today so I managed to survive a week without it.