View Full Version : Macs

SarahMN
07-29-2005, 02:39 AM
Anyone use a Dell x50v with a Mac? What software has you used?

Thanks.

Sarah

WolfUK
07-29-2005, 10:33 AM
I don't use a Dell (I have an iPAQ 2210) and I'm waiting for MarkSpace to release their new version of The Missing Sync so that I can (hopefully!) enjoy proper synchronisation with my Mac. Pocket Mac is the other alternative which seem to have pretty bad reviews. :(

Darius Wey
07-29-2005, 10:53 AM
I don't use a Dell (I have an iPAQ 2210) and I'm waiting for MarkSpace to release their new version of The Missing Sync so that I can (hopefully!) enjoy proper synchronisation with my Mac. Pocket Mac is the other alternative which seem to have pretty bad reviews. :(

The new version was just released. Check the front page in a few hours for the buzz. :)

WolfUK
07-29-2005, 10:57 AM
The new version was just released. Check the front page in a few hours for the buzz. :)
I saw that just after I posted (it reminded me to see if they had hit their 'end of July' (revised) deadline). Now I have to wait until this afternoon before I can try it out but it looks very promising and things like category support during synchronisation is a very welcome addition.

SarahMN
07-29-2005, 12:49 PM
Is there any other MAC software such as backup software that others are using? I will look into The Missing Sync.

Janak Parekh
07-29-2005, 03:54 PM
There's also PocketMac (http://www.pocketmac.net/) as a sync solution. Not sure about backup.

I'm playing with Missing Sync now and will post my first impressions this afternoon on the front page. ;)

--janak

WolfUK
07-29-2005, 04:05 PM
Well my first impression is positive. It took about three synchronisations before my Mac and PPC were happy with the data that they were sharing but it now all seems to be flawless. I love having category synchronisation (although I only assign one category to each item so I'm not sure how multiple categories are handled) and things like desktop mounting seems to work very well indeed.